4/22/09

Easter Weekend!

We had a fun filled Easter weekend!  My kids had a cold, and Paisley had the Croup, so we made the best of it at home.  
We stared our celebration with getting our eggs ready for coloring.  Addie was so excited to decorate the eggs.  She surprised me by getting all the eggs out of the pan, and drying them so we could start coloring.

Paisley was all over her sisters while they were trying to color their eggs!

We tried something a little different this year.  It was paint rollers for the eggs. FYI didn't work so well.  I had to pull out the trusty vinegar and food coloring.

The girls masterpiece!

Ellie and Addison had an Easter Program for their school, and were invited to sing as a school for the Lehi City Easter celebration.  Both the girls had a solo for the program.  It was a little nerve racking for me to hear them sing, hoping they would remember the words for their solos.  I was so proud of  the hard work they put into learning their songs.  They both did a great job and had a good experiance.

We decided to have the Easter egg hunt on Saturday for the kids, so that Easter sunday we could keep the focus on Christ.  The girls were so excited to go on the hunt.  To only be a kid again! Ha Ha

Paisley loved looking for all the Easter eggs.  Things changed in a hurry when Paisley dropped one of her eggs, and saw candy fall out!  The hunt was over for her.  She planted her little butt down on the stairs and started in on all of her eggs.  She was so funny in her little bunny outfit.
  
When it comes to candy Addison is a dye hard!! This girl was motivated to fill her basket, and she did!
 

Sunday morning the girls woke up to new Easter dressed, and their baskets.  
I bought the girls dresses back in January from Costco, because they were so dang cute, and cheep.  I was so excited for them to wear them to church Easter sunday.  I hadn't seen anyone with the dresses yet, so I figured they sold out fast, and no one I knew had bought them.  So I thought!  We showed up to church Easter sunday, and there were at least a dozen little girls in the same dress.  All the other moms had the same bright idea to put the dresses away for Easter.  Note to myself,  make their dresses next year!  I'm kicking myself because I stared making my girls the cutest skirts that would have been darling for their easter dresses.  If only I had finished them!  Ha Ha there is always next year! 

Not the best picture.  Nothing like rushing out the door for 9:00 a.m. church.

So cute!

So sweet!

So cranky! 
 (She was not feeling well, and only made it through 15 min of church before Jeff had to bring her home. The poor girl!  She did look so cute when she wasn't crying.)

Because Paisley had the Croup we had to change our plans of going to the Gardners last minute.  I pulled together a few things, and the day turned out wonderful.  My sisters Family, and my Dad and Penny, and Mom all came over for a big Easter dinner.  The food was fabulious!  My sister Vaniece brought some more eggs that we had the kids color, and then we had an adult/child egg hunt.  To make it interesting, we wrote dollar amounts on the egg.  Then Jeff told everyone that we could cash in with him.  Brandon my nephew found the $20.00 egg.  After the egg hunt we all sat down together for a Easter devotional, and games.  The perfect ending to our day!
 My family's the best!

0 comments: