4/27/09

5K Winners!

Jeff and I love to go, and run 5k races (3.1 miles) on the weekends through the summer.  This is something that is fun for us to share, and a great workout.  We woke up bright an early Saturday, and went and ran one in A.F.   I love to run with Jeff because he always pushes me a little harder than I would run, if I was on my own.  Plus its great for him with conditioning, for when he decides to really race. Ha Ha!   We paid $10.00 each for the race. (that went to the youth of A.F.)  Jeff and I ended up taking 1st, and 2nd place in the whole race (24 min 58 sec).   We walked away with $75.00 in gift certificates, between the both of us.  Sweet!!  This is why we love small races.  We always win something!  The funny thing is we didn't even run that fast, we were surprised we never got passed in the race.

FOR ALL YOU PEOPLE WHO READ MY BLOG!
I'm in charge of a 5K race, for my little girls school.  American Legacy Academy on May 9th, at 9:00 a.m.  kids races at 10:00 a.m. 
We will have ribbons, and trophy's, for the winners, and a raffle.
There will be music, and food!
It's $20.00 for the 5k and $3.00-5.00 for the kids races
All the money is going to the school!
I would love to see you there!!
You can register at www.americanlegacyacademy.org, 
or the morning of the race from 8:15-8:45 

5 comments:

The Schofields said...

Reading your blog makes me feel soooo out of shape! Good for you guys for doing something together that you both can enjoy! The house hunting is coming. We're excited to be moving down there too! Two of the houses we've looked at so far are in Highland, the rest are in Traverse Mtn. We've got a lot we want to get into, just seem to be having trouble selling ours, but it's only been 7 weeks! I guess I need to be a little more patient!

Jenny said...

You guys are incredible! Seriously could you be any funner? Some day I will run one of those! We love you!!

♥Stef said...

Way to go!!!!

Angela Cloyd said...

Go Janeen and Jeff! You two are amazing!!!

Pixelated Muse said...

Congrats on the big win! Had I actually read the time right I might have placed somewhere behind you guys give-or-take an hour. Ha! We'll have to run together again.