7/30/08

OUR TRIP TO THE BEACH!




So five days in California was not enough. We love the beach, and we are people watching lovers.  We just happened to book our trip the same time as the Huntington Beach surf competition.  There were lots of people!  Jeff and I were shocked at how nice everyone was to us.  No one could believe that we were so young with such a big family.   Obviously they have never been to Utah.   Our family was a novelty.  Paisley was so dang cute!   She loved her first time at the beach.  She was literally frolicking in the sand.  This could be why everyone was coming up to chat.   She ate so much sand, that for days it showed up in her diaper. (if you know what I mean) Ellie, and Addison had just as much fun.  I was a little nervous about the girls swimming in the big waves, and getting hammer slammed.  But they held their own, and learned to respect the wave.
  I feel bad for Jeff when we got home, because I truly went through depression, and I was such a brat for a day.  OK maybe two.  If he would have told me we were moving to Cali I would have started packing.  Maybe the depression was coming back to the real world of laundry, cooking, Jeff going back to work, and all the other crap I have to do!  We both decided that next year, we will stay two weeks at the beach if not more.   I love my little girls, and I'm so blessed that I have such a beautiful family.  As long as I'm with them, it's all good!

5 comments:

Angela Cloyd said...

You have got one adorable family! I'm so glad you had a good time. I love the pics, looks like so much fun!

♥Stef said...

It looks like you had a great time! There is nothing better than a beach vacation. Cute Pix!!

What, you would give up sub zero Winters and windy hot Summers for the perfect weather of California, you are crazy! If you move, take us with you, please.

Sarah said...

Sooo Jealous!! We love Huntington beach! Glad you guys had a fun time, we miss all our buddies up there...if you get a chance tell Nat and Dana Hi for me! Take care!

Nate Insun Olivia & Sophie said...

We are so sad that we couldn't see you guys. We wish you guys lived down here. Paisley has gotten SO big. She is SO cute. I love her eyes.

sue chappell said...

HI Janeen!

Isn't Calif a blast?! I just got back and the best part was seeing that adorable Olivia! Ok, Insun & Nate ride their bikes to Newport Beach- you will have to go back down and stay with them. Olivia would love it too. Sue!