7/7/08

BEING PATRIOTIC!









Nothing like a fun filled 4th of July!  We got up bright and early and road our bikes to the church for a ward breakfast.  They had a dunking booth and I was able to dunk the whole family.  I dunked Ellie on my second try, Addison on my first, and Jeff on my third try.  (And Jeff said it was luck!)  Nice try!  He just can't stand it when I work him.  Jeff and I put together foot races, because we are so dang competitive.  We had all the kids run in age groups.  They keep wanting to race, but we had to kick them off the field so that we could have the fastest man on the field race.  I took a $10.00 dollar bill, and stood at the end of the field holding it up so everyone could see.  We told everyone the first person to the money gets to keep it!  Jeff killed all the guys in the ward by about 10 feet on the first try.  So we had a rematch. (He took off so fast they thought it was a false start) He ended up bringing the $10.00 home.  One day he is going to get his cocky but kicked!
After the breakfast we came home and put together our gazebo, for our back yard!  Thank goodness, it was a overcast day. 
That night we went to the Stadium of Fire for the Miley Cyrus concert.  We had great seats, so we could see everything.  The girls were in heaven!  It was awesome to be so close to the fire works.  We were showered in ash, and loving every minute.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Your girls look so grown up, and paisley is adorable. I found you on craig & jess's bloG!! Your back yard looks like party central! Glad you're all doing well.

♥Stef said...

Stinkin' cute family. I'm glad you had such a fun day. Thanks again for making ours fun as well. The Stadium of Fire was awesome!
I am sad I missed the ward party, I would have liked a chance to dunk Jeff, and I think I could have beat him in that race too, yeah right, maybe if it was an eating race or something.