6/12/08

My Baby Is ONE!!!

  Paisley had her first birthday!  We had of course a pool party.  It's so convenient.  Even though it was not so warm of weather, we cranked the heat on the pool to 94 degrees.  It was nice, and toasty.  

  I gave Paisley a little pink tutu that she wore the entire night, and she loved every minute of it!  She didn't want to take it off when it came time to eat.   Since birthday parties are all about the cake,  I went on the search for the perfect cake.  I found a giant cupcake pan at William and Sonoma's, and I knew it was perfect.  It's a tradition in our family that on our kids first birthday, they get their cake all to themselves to do as they please.  Paisley took full advantage of this,  and dug in.  It was so cute!  Everyone loved to see how messy she was getting.  Addison could not stop giggling, with all the rest of the kids.  They were not to worried, because I had dozens of bright cupcakes for everybody else.  We had so much fun! 
  I can't believe that it has been a year.  This little girl has been such a blessing to our family.  She has defiantly helped fill the void we all felt after the loss of Andrew.  Our children are such a blessing, and gift.  They definitely fill our lives with joy!  We love you Paisley.  Happy Birthday!   


5 comments:

Browers said...

Love, Love the birthday cake!!! That is so dang cute!! What a good idea! You are amazing with cakes! I think Paisley is so dang cute! She has the sweetest personality! I just love her! Also, totally jealous of your vacation! That looks like so much fun! Tell Jeff I like the haircut!! Come see us soon or we will be down for the next swim party!

Angela Cloyd said...

It was such a fun party, and you did a great job! Your yard turned out amazing, we are so happy for you guys. Always love getting together with the Gardner family! By the way thank you SO much for the use of the boxes! I'll make sure and get them back to you when we are moved, you are a total life saver!

Mommyof4 said...

Darling Cake!! I have seen that cake pan before and want it so bad! You have the best parties and party ideas! Cute! Cute! Cute! We want to come swimming sometime so I will give you a call!!

courtni said...

happy birthday! LOVE the cake - so perfect!! Looks like a fun party, I'm already thinking of what to do for Jett's first bday coming up (end of august, never too early to get ready?!?!!!)

♥Stef said...

Cute, cute blog Janeen! Love it! It's so exciting to see all the fun things you do RIGHT across the street! Thanks for letting me peek in, legally. Your family is so darling, they must get it from their mom (oh yeah, and dad too)! Thanks for sharing some of your fun life with us! It's just not the same going to the American Fork Poo, oops I mean Pool, when we have been spoiled by yours! Glad you are our neighbors, you guys are great!
Stef Richards